|Welcome to lionking_stills!||Rules||About the challenges|
|Welcome to Lion King Stillness Icontest Community! Your mod this week is quiddity_
Banner makers will rotate every two weeks. If you'd like to become a banner maker here, apply at this post. icontastic17, magick_icons, phantomberkanna, inquisitorial
To join, just click the 'join community' button above. Don't ask for posting access- you don't need it. All entries and votes are made in comments.
If you have questions and/or suggestions about the community, we have a post just for you here.
If you would like to view our affiliates (or ask to be one), check out this post.
capthat || TLK I
peacefully || TLK I password: peacefully
throw_elijah || TLK I | TLK II
walnut12 || TLK II
Layout from 85icons
Mood Theme from iconsicle
Previous mod's have been (in chronological order): megan23352, _joha, solitary_hawk, fallen_ember, and _sexorcist_/fated_to_flames
Credit for the idea for this community goes to johncon_stills.
|1. Read the rules. All of them. *points down*
2. Join the community before participating. Duh.
3. DON'T USE YOUR CONTEST ICON ANYWHERE ELSE BEFORE RESULTS ARE IN. This is an anonymous contest- no one should know which icons in the voting panel are yours. In that same thread, don't ask your friends to vote for you. Don't turn this into a big popularity contest. Those are for sissies.
4. Don't ask for posting access. You don't need it. All submissions and voting are done through comments.
5. Since this is an anonymous contest, the moderators will be allowed to participate.
1. At the beginning of each contest we will make a post where you can reply with your submission. Comments will be screened so the only people who can see your submission are you and the mods.
2. All icons should be 100x100. Basic stuff, there. NO ANIMATED ICONS. This community is just for still icons. Icons also need to be in the proper format: .jpg, .gif, or .png. We recommend .png. The also need to be under 40kb.
3. You will need a host that allows remote linking. Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) is a decent free image host that allows remote linking. Many icon makers use it.
4. You will post your icon in the appropriate post, and when voting time comes around, we will post them.
5. When posting an icon, please post them like this:
If you need help, please refer to this post.
1. NO voting for yourself.
2. Depending on how many icons are entered each challenge, you will be voting for your top three if we get over 10 icons; top two, under 10; and 1, under 5.
3. Voting is weighted. That means (if we have more than 10 icons) for every first place vote, the icon will receive 3 points; every second place vote, 2; and third place, 1.
If we have less than 10 icons, voting will be weighted with only 2 points for first and 1 for second.
4. We have two separate challenges running concurrently so when voting is put up, you need to vote within each category.
5. Part of the theme challenge voting is voting for the best adaptation of the theme. It's up to you to decide which icon (out of just the theme category) best portrays the theme assigned that week.
6. We also want your vote on best overall icon. You can choose from both categories on this vote alone.
|There are two parts to each challenge. A screencap challenge and a themed challenge.
You will be supplied with 3 caps to work with.
You may only use the caps provided.
NO blending of the different caps. You are allowed to duplicate and blend within each cap, though.
You will be given a theme to work with. Obviously ;)
This can range from an emotion to a icon style, lyrical to hush. Luck of the draw.
Unless noted otherwise, you are allowed to enter three (3) icons in each category for a total of six icons per challenge.
You are not required to enter both challenges.
|If you want to pimp our community, feel free to use these banners. I highly recommend putting one in your userinfo to pimp the community even more.|
by agentkang in Special Challenge 1
Code for your userinfo: